between the blue of sea and sky

Sunday, December 10, 2006

then run...

I will run until the cold wind burns the blisters on my face
I will run and washing rain will disperse all the mistakes
I will hide so that the light won’t ever see my selfishness
I will run to chase away the monsters that have fuelled my head
I will run to leave behind the idiot inside I fed
I will run from all those places that could not make me feel safe

I will run to lose the people who inspired my useless dream
I will run to leave behind all the things that I can’t win
I will run so that last hopes won’t have time to turn to faith
I will run til sweat will burn convulsive breaths and shoes will snap

I will run and run and run
And eventually my pulse will break

Then my soul will find a place
To stop all of that running away
For once maybe then I will listen
To all things you have to say

Since for now I am too busy
Feeling sorry for myself

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home